Friday 27 November 2009

Counsellor

I went to the counsellor today. The first time I ended up getting to the door and walking past, but the second time I went in. I'm glad I did. A woman introduced herself and took me through the starting process. She said a counsellor could really help.
They did a core test or something similarly named. It's split into areas, Risk, Functionality and two other things. Wellbeing was one I think.
Anyway, my score said I was 0 for risk so that was good, but not as good for wellbeing, functionality and a third one. The test itself was quite hard. It made me think back over the last week or so, and it was mostly negative questions too.

However, things look like they will be getting better in the future. It was a nice place, it felt safe, non-judgemental and calm. I think I'm going to like it. I don't know who I'll get as a counsellor yet, but I'll get e-mailed sometime next week.

I want to thank the people that pushed me in the right direction, I can see now it's a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. Great! I want to go to a counselor too. I'm thinking about going to one after the new year.

    Let us know how it goes!

    steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Good for you!

    I didn't walk past the door when I went to see one but I also had an appointment already. On the other hand, it did take me three visits to finally admit why I was there.

    ReplyDelete